Manager Development Program
Launch your career today in our Management Development Program that will take you from and entry level Service Advisor, all the way up to a Store Leader.
You'll have the opportunity to manage a multi-million dollar operation with a potential of over $100,000 in annual earnings in just a few short years!
This is a comprehensive program that will train you on all aspects of operating a successful retail tire and auto repair business by teaching you the products, services, customer service, sales, administrative, management, and leadership skills required. This is an aggressive development program for extremely motivated individuals wanting an opportunity to fast-track their career and earnings opportunities.
- Determines and addresses the customer's needs, problems, complaints, requests, questions, and deadlines in a business-like manner.
- Communicates the customer's needs to the service department to be diagnosed.
- Directs the service department in the diagnosing of the customer's needs through the appropriate products and services.
- Verifies with the service department that the appropriate services have been completed.
- Sells tires, automotive accessories, service repairs and preventative maintenance to satisfy customer's needs.
- Learns and maintains current product knowledge of all tires, service and other product lines that are represented, as well as, those of competitors.
- Accurately answers questions both over the phone and at the store location.
- Establishes a trusting relationship based on integrity and fairness with customers and demonstrates a sincere concern for them.
- Willingly provides superior customer service levels that exceed customer expectations while staying within company policies and guidelines.
- Listens effectively to understand and communicate in a business-like manner to both customers and employees all pertinent subject matter.
- Builds a loyal customer base.
- Prepares accurate estimates and billings for customers.
- Invoices customers using proper procedures for cash, charge, credit, employee, fleet and national accounts.
- Knows, understands, and performs tire & lube technician duties.
- Establishes priorities on a daily basis among competing requirements to insure that products and services are delivered to customers as promised.
- Coordinates, organizes and monitors daily activities in conjunction with the Service Manager.
- Learns and understands the performance business data and applies it fairly to daily operations and decisions in order to increase productivity.
- Effectively manages employee productivity, store expenses and inventory.
- Efficiently manages daily store operations including opening and closing procedures (i.e. bank deposits, building and vehicle security, etc.).
- Effectively trains, develops and motivates store personnel.
- Evaluates, encourages and disciplines employees in a fair and objective manner consistent with stated company policy and procedures.
- Handles customer complaints, employee conflicts and daily operational problems in an even-tempered, fair and consistent manner.
- Demonstrates reliability in all actions with customers and employees.
- Reaches established monthly goals.
- Learns and utilizes the transfer system.
- Performs and communicates wage and salary considerations to both MST and employees.
- Communicates questions, problems and results to MST in a timely manner.
- Seeks out and prepares for training opportunities both internally through the company and independently for professional development.
- Knows, follows, applies and communicates all current and newly written policies to subordinates.
- Delegate's authority by recognizing and utilizing the skills of others.
- Reports to other locations to fill-in for the manager, if required.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled within policy guidelines.
- Responds accurately and on time to all administrative and paperwork duties and deadlines including training, time records, invoices, evaluations, deposits, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and enjoy each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Tire and Automotive, Sales and Customer Service, and Conrad's Total Car Care Branch Operations knowledge and skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS and REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to add, sub tract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work standing for extended periods of time or all day. Frequently moves, lifts and sets up tire and product displays up to 50 lbs. Regularly bends and crouches to maneuver underneath the hood or undercarriage of a vehicle to point out problems/repairs to customers. Occasionally unloads deliveries up to 50 lbs. Occasionally puts parts/tires away on multi-level shelving up to 50 lbs. Pulls parts/tires up to 50 lbs. when necessary. Regularly required to use hands/fingers to operate a cash register, keyboard, or telephone. Regularly required to use hands/fingers to operate small hand tools necessary to performing the duties of the mechanic or technician role. Regularly speaks and listens on the phone and in person, to a customer and fellow employees. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing theessential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noised level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee regularly works extended hours and Saturdays.The employee is occasionally required to work Sundays and evenings.
The employee regularly works an average of 50-55 hours per week, and frequently attends meetings after normal business hours.
Travel between locations is often required.
Acceptable driving record, in line with the stated Company Policy, and valid driver's license in the state in which they are employed with the Conrad Companies.
A background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Long Term Career & Growth Opportunity!
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life; Short Term; Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan with a Company Match!
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
- Fitness Club Reimbursement
- 5-Day Work Week