The Staff Accountant II for Wholesale Accounting will be responsible for preparing financial statements, analyzing trends, creating reports, and explaining variances to help predict future revenues and expenses. This role will offer or make suggestions to management about findings. This role must understand commonly used accounting and financial concepts and procedures.
For 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC also provides automotive maintenance and repair services with best-in-class brands. TBC meets the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands NTB®, Tire Kingdom®, Big O Tires® and Midas®. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East through NTW, TBC Brands, TBC Dealer Group, TBC International and TBC de Mexico.
- Prepares manual/one-time journal entries
- Prepares account reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of certain financial statement schedules
- Prepares fluctuation analysis of certain financial statement activities
- Ensures compliance to internal controls and company and JSOX policies
- Assist in quarterly and year-end audits
- Prepares routine and ad hoc reporting accompanied by the required supporting documentation for management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA and/or Master’s a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of current industry practices when solving business problems
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance promptly and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Must be organized and thorough with an ability to multitask and work independently.
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k plan with a company match. Immediate 100% vesting
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Company paid short term disability and employer subsidized long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Discounted tire and automotive services
- And more!
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment.