Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We recognize that to remain the industry leader we must continue to grow and evolve our business in a rapidly changing industry. We are achieving this, not only by opening new stores, but by transforming our technological landscape and making data a central component of our strategy. The Business Analytics team, one of the fastest growing teams in the company, is leading this change. We are responsible for driving the insights, recommendations, and developing the decision support tools that influence the strategic direction of the company.
Under general direction, the Meta Data Analyst II supports the business needs of an enterprise-owned metadata repository through providing standard data definitions, accurate business rules/ calculations, and complete traceability and lineage of governed data within the Discount Tire systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with other technology team SMEs to understand data and data definition; defines data elements.
- Utilizes data profiling and data quality tools to analyze data for quality and validity issue
- Participates in the evaluation of business requirements
- Builds data deliverables including ingestion documents, data mappings and transformation rules.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of new standards and procedures
- Participates in the development of data models
- Applies metadata and taxonomy management strategies to organize and classify our data landscape
- Works with data engineers to improve ingest process and documentation
- Acts as data steward of the data assets within the analytics environment
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to metadata analysis processes, procedures and services.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years business systems analysis experience and/or business systems design experience.
- A demonstrated understanding of metadata concepts including technical/business content and data lineage.
- A demonstrated understanding of data quality concepts including familiarity with data quality dimensions.
- Good understanding of the difference between metadata and metadata repositories versus operational data.
- Experience in Information Technology and Data Management. Agile experience is preferred.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is necessary.
- Advanced proficiency skills with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet multiple deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- The ability to work within a team is necessary.
- Troubleshooting and organizational skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are needed.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is crucial.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in information technology, statistics or other quantitative field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.