Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Performance and Learning Advisor II creates and develops learning solutions. Analyzes and diagnoses performance gaps; recommends solutions to resolve the root cause of performance challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts gap analyses; creates training and recommends learning/development action plans
- Analyzes high performers’ behaviors; identifies characteristics of high performers, including but not limited to, learning trends, systems and processes
- Works closely with L&D teams in the development of curriculum for Discount Tire University
- Designs and facilitates curriculum and learning events
- Analyzes and tests hypotheses; recommends organizational performance improvement initiatives
- Develops solutions to address knowledge and/or skill gaps; ensures solutions align with business strategy and culture
- Facilitates training and learning initiatives
- Provides training and coaching support for solutions delivered through L&D
- Tracks learning solution success against ROI
- Under guidance from a senior team member, proactively identifies cross-functional dependencies and provides solutions to minimize risk
- Supports the Organizational Change Management (OCM) office; engages OCM to understand/evaluate change capacity and impacts
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of three years progressive leadership development, organizational development or talent management experience with progressive complexity and responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience with organization/systems performance gap analysis and learning solutions is crucial.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis is necessary.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Proven stand-up delivery and facilitation skills with the ability to drive key learning outcomes and motivate application beyond the classroom are essential.
- Ability to collaborate with, influence, and support all levels of leadership is vital.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is necessary.
- Experience with e-learning design and adult learning theory highly desired.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well both in a team and independently is essential.
- Proven customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are crucial.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Leadership Development, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.