Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join our team. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to promote our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
As a critical member of our Strategic Business Services Segment, the Business Process Architect facilitates the analysis, design, and implementation of business and technology processes across the enterprise. The work includes collaborating with business segment and technology stakeholders to document and understand our current processes and lead innovation as new projects and initiatives are launched. In addition to an expert-level understanding of business and technology processes, the key to success is the ability to work across teams to influence stakeholders, champion efficiency in operations, can make the case for change while preserving the unique strengths supporting Discount Tire’s culture and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies impacts and linkages to the business strategies, organization and its people, data and systems, business policies and business rules, as well as the physical assets of the business
- Facilitates the assessment of the impact of business process changes within people, systems, operations and management; incorporates Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in collaboration with stakeholders
- Facilitates the analysis of functionality gaps, develops alternatives and finalizes business blueprinting
- Provides group facilitation, leads workshops, gathers data, and interviews appropriate stakeholders to develop and validate Business Process Models (BPM)
- Develops robust and comprehensive Business Process Models that will enable the business to make sound process and financial decisions
- Makes recommendations to determine appropriate resources, software (i.e., MS Visio), and tools to create Business Process Models
- Makes recommendations to determine appropriate system for hosting (i.e. SharePoint) Business Process Models
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies relating to business process architecture
- Devises strategies to facilitate transition from current state to desired end state
- Designs and conducts training on new BPM initiatives
- Develops clear and detailed process maps standards, format, and definitions
- Creates and executes functional test plans and system integration scenarios
- Works with the Change Management Office to define and implement any job or department changes as defined by the changing business process
- Facilitates discussions to determine productivity and efficiency improvements
- Leads / Conducts business plans, including, but not limited to, ROI, resource allocations, benefits realization plans, forecasts, and statistical studies related to Business Process Modeling
- Assists employees, vendors and customers by answering questions related to business processes
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of eight years of experience in business process management, problem definition, design, solutions evaluation, validation and deployment.
- Proven facilitation and negotiation skills are required. SAP ERP/ECC experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Procure to Pay, Record to Report and/or Order to Cash is required, preferably in Retail or Wholesale industry.
- Demonstrated ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows is necessary.
- Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations is vital.
- Experience with business process modeling and analysis and design tools is necessary.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company, including the ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude, is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Demonstrated business acumen with a deep knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals and strategy is necessary.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project are required.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, define tasks, establish priorities, and implement according to plan, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well autonomously or collaboratively is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Technology or other quantitative field, or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.