Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Specialist processes analyzes, defines, implements, and refines enterprise-wide IT Service Management (ITSM) processes for the Company through the use of ITIL Framework and serves as a process owner and subject matter expert for one or more ITIL processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, and Configuration Management. In addition, the ITSM Process Specialist works in conjunction with the ITSM Process Managers to bring understanding, direction, and discipline to the usage of these processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, designs, implements, and refines Incident Management and Major Incident Management and Problem Management processes using ITIL framework as a guideline.
- Acts as a process manager for one or more processes, including recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable for Continuous Strategic Improvement (CSI) of process, process roadmap, governance and KPIs of processes within scope of responsibility.
- Works with process / project team and influences collaboration and support for implementation of process / project.
- Collaborates with ITSM Process Specialists and other ITL users around ITIL framework and best practices.
- Analyzes and identifies trends and process gaps with a focus on CSI and leads initiatives.
- Aligns efforts with other ITSM Process Specialists to ensure common direction.
- Keeps informed of industry advancements and industry best practices.
- Participates in special projects, as needed.
- Organizes efforts for continuous improvement of the overall major incident process and communication.
- Coordinates activities related to IT Major incidents throughout their lifecycle per the major incident management process. Mitigates risk and assures availability.
- Reviews historical incidents and root cause analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvements across IT.
- Produces, maintains, and distributes major incident reports for critical business and IT services.
- Conducts Post Incident Reviews for Major Incidents.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within ITIL.
- Corporate retail experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of processes, technology, and operational concepts.
- Experience facilitating and developing teams of Subject Matter Experts that collaborate on process improvements is necessary.
- Experience with Service-Now preferred.
- Ability to identify problems, review information to develop and evaluate options is essential.
- This position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience in trouble-shooting, problem determination, root cause analysis, and rapid problem resolution is required.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding company values is key.
- Strong communication skills required; written and oral communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate to Senior IT and Business representative on problem status and approach to corrective action.
- Ability to support change while motivating and mentoring others.
- Demonstrates a high level of energy with the ability to multi-task, results driven and able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Sciences, Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management or Project Management.
- ITIL Intermediate Level Certification preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.