Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Business Systems Analyst / Quality Specialist evaluates existing Omni Channel business systems and provides solutions to optimize the user/ customer experience, ensures the quality of all Omni Channel applications, and achieves business goals. Documents and analyzes business systems defects, determines scope, objectives, and proposes strategy to implement improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents and tracks user / customer feedback from multiple sources, including, incidents, defects, concerns and business needs.
- Partners with stakeholders to lead the defect triage and update relevant status, and target cycle.
- Monitors, analyzes and identifies patterns, trends, conflicting requirements and root cause analysis; documents and categorizes findings in coordination with the help desk.
- Participates in design process with Omni Channel design / development teams to assist in the definition, testing and validation in staging environment of functional requirements for defects.
- Ensures requirements related to defects are documented, actionable, measurable, testable and related to identified business needs or opportunities.
- Defines business quality standards, related to entry criteria for Staging & Production environments.
- Responsible for building relationships with IT software development and QA teams.
- Responsible for the business approval of software changes into the Staging and Production environments
- Summarizes findings, including priority, scope, objectives, and proposed strategy to stakeholders.
- Provides input into Omni Channel messaging, including but not limited to updates and workarounds, in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Acts as backup to Point of Sale (POS) Configuration Analyst.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors and other customers by answering questions related to outstanding defects for Omni Channel applications.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner, does not miss deadlines, while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of information technology, business analysis or related experience.
- Previous experience with UAT and regression testing required.
- Previous experience with Retail Systems required; One View Commerce experience preferred.
- SAP/Hybris experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple software development life cycle methodologies is needed.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in information technology, business or related field, or equivalent experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.