Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been successfully growing for close to 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us.
What we do:
People Care is the HR and Learning and Development function serving the corporate and store operations business segments for Discount Tire. We are a people organization; the ability to help our people realize their goals is critical to the success of our Company. Caring for and cultivating an employee’s career path, personal and professional development and providing opportunities for continued education are all important aspects of this business segment.
What’s the role?
The VP of People Operations is a leadership position responsible for the People Care People Operations team. This will encompass our Payroll, HRIS, Project Delivery and Employee Inquiry and Service Hub team members. Our team is transforming to a shared services model and needs this visionary position to help us create this new structure. Strong partnering with our retail operations business partners and our business segments will be required.
What we’ll entrust you to do:
- Lead People Care continuous improvement efforts, assessing existing processes and utilization of technology and redesigning them to improve efficiency and effectiveness, through best practices and excellent employee / manager experience.
- Create an agile and highly effective People Operations team by developing skills and competencies and providing career development opportunities into, out of and within People Operations.
- Manage the delivery of all processes and programs developed by the Centers of Expertise and People Operations teams.
- Develop and manage thoughtful, scalable, HR policies and procedures that shape the employee lifecycle.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of HR regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
- Own and manage all People Care-related systems, vendors and tools, including HRIS, Applicant Tracking System, Talent Management, Payroll, Time & Attendance, Case and Knowledge management, Portal and Reporting & Analytics.
- Support the PMO and oversee the use of project consulting resources.
- Establish and lead our immigration and relocation policies and programs, in partnership with legal counsel.
- Establish service level agreements for key operational processes and implement effective measurement and feedback systems. Establish service level agreements with the business (store operations and corporate).
- Own and manage annual People Care operational budget.
- The role is accountable to maintaining high levels of internal customer (employee and manager) satisfaction survey scores.
What you’ll need to have for this position:
- This position requires 10+ years of HR experience, with at least five (5) years of executive HR experience.
- Experience implementing a successful HR Shared Services model is required. Process analysis and redesign proven track record. Must have SaaS based HR systems implementation and operations experience.
- Must possess strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects at once and competing priorities. Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused a must.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
What we’ll expect you to do:
- Lead Change
- Create Innovation
- Know the Business
- Provide Strategic Vision
- Build Effective Teams
- Develop Talent
- Drive Success
- Embrace Technology