Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We recognize that to remain the industry leader we must continue to grow and evolve our business in a rapidly changing industry. We are achieving this, not only by opening new stores, but by transforming our technological landscape and making data a central component of our strategy. The Business Analytics team, one of the fastest growing teams in the company, is leading this change. We are responsible for driving the insights, recommendations, and developing the decision support tools that influence the strategic direction of the company.
Under general direction, the Business Analyst II develops data-oriented insights and solutions for business groups including but not limited to, store operations, real estate and finance. Provides information-based, actionable solutions to enable enhanced business insights and support the Company’s strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides insights and strategic direction to key stakeholder; applies methodologies to future strategic decisions, including but not limited to, capital purchases/investments & budgets or future site selection or store/regional performance
- Designs and executes scenarios and analyses to evaluate impact of business decisions; including but not limited to heat maps or Net Present Value (NPV) analysis; develops future market strategy; communicates findings to stakeholders
- Researches and analyzes key business drivers, competitive environment, opportunities, trends, and operating metrics based on data; formulates business direction in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; ensures insight can be leveraged for future business decisions
- Executes quantitative analyses and advanced modeling; translates data into actionable insights
- Designs, develops, and delivers analytical solutions, resulting in decision support or models’; communicates findings to stakeholders
- Develops predictive modeling to assess future scenarios
- Conducts statistical analysis to formulate conclusions and recommendations based on data
- Communicates complex and technical results of analysis to stakeholders
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, techniques, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to Data Analysis processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of three years experience conducting operations, product, and financial analysis and developing insights using regression models and statistical analysis.
- Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills are vital.
- Proficient in popular modeling tool sets for cluster analysis and advanced predictive modeling is required.
- The ability to frame solutions to complex problems is crucial.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is needed.
- Proficient in SQL with the ablity to read and write queries is required.
- Experience with statistical tools such as R or SAS is preferred.
- Experience with front-end reporting tools such as Microstrategy is preferred.
- Experience working with senior level executive leadership is preferred.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Domain knowledge in retail, manufacturing, store operations, automotive, real estate, or services is helpful.
- The ability to multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential. In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential. Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematical Sciences, Finance, Economics or related or equivalent experience is required.
- Masters is a quanitative degree or MBA strongly preferred
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.