Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The individual in this position will collaborate with Regional Construction Project Managers to ensure that construction projects complete on time and within budget. They will monitor construction activities, perform punch list/quality checks, and resolve issues.
- Orders and reviews feasibility studies including the recorded history of land, zoning, water pressure testing and other site investigation reports; identifies potential concerns/delays that may affect the project timeline and provides a summary of information and recommendations to stakeholders; ensures that issues are remediated.
- Develops budget estimates; oversees Request for Quotes (RFQs)/Bid process; develops tentative construction schedules, including General Contractor/Construction and purchase schedule(s) and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during the pre-construction phase.
- Facilitates pre-construction planning reviews and/or discussions with stakeholders.
- Acts as a liaison between general contractors/superintendents and construction project management/Department Manager concerning construction progress and delays; provides reports to stakeholders, such as project status/activity, budget tracking and schedules.
- Monitors overall construction project(s) status; ensures projects are completed on time and within budget; takes action to mitigate the results of delays, bad weather, construction problems or emergencies in regards to project schedules; communicates site issues related to materials, labor and equipment to stakeholders.
- Reviews and approves contract change orders; resolves escalated payment issues.
- Reviews construction documents in collaboration with architect(s) for completeness and accuracy; confirms the project is ready for permit issuance. Collaborates with various consultants and municipalities to ensure correct zoning and permit acceptance is complete.
- Creates, updates and maintains records in Real Estate Management System (REMS); runs reports as needed.
- Performs project punch list/quality check (remotely); ensures project quality and compliance with contract specifications, blueprints, building and safety codes and other regulations; identifies issues and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Ensures the layout/design of a retail store is compliant with Municipal and Company requirements. Monitors store modifications and changes to ensure budget adherence.
- Travel as required to inspect construction projects on-site or other ad hoc needs.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to Feasibility and Construction Project Management related processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate Development, Commercial Construction Management or related.
- Knowledge of Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) and Geotechnical Reports is required.
- Experience with feasibility studies is required.
- Specific experience preparing site feasibility reports, including experience reading construction plans, American Land Title Association (ALTA) surveys and engineering information is necessary.
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Regulations and Requirements are essential.
- Real Estate Management Software (REMS) knowledge is required.
- Ability to proactively plan and maintain project schedules to ensure timelines and projects are met.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex feasibility and/or other construction processing obstacles.
- Ability to travel to out-of-town projects and/or commute as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex construction documents, such as plans and specifications.
- Must possess strong organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast –paced environment is required.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel Projects and PowerPoint are required.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results for the construction team is necessary.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.