Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Application Administrator – Office 365, performs complex application, database, email and web administration duties, including but not limited to automation, system installs, patches, software installation, configuration, development, upgrades, security, clustering and scripting. Provides support for our Office 365 suite of applications used including Outlook, SharePoint and Teams. Maintains a focus on availability and performance of all integrations and system components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers Office 365 environment and user accounts.
- Defines and implements security standards.
- Monitors capacity and utilization.
- Implements document retention policies in accordance with Corporate Records and Legal policies.
- Works with IT Vendor Management team to ensure adequate licensing is maintained.
- Stays current and informed of latest Office 365 features, capabilities, trends and strategies, and works with necessary teams to plan, test, implement and communicate any changes to user community.
- Ensures proper security standards are enforced.
- Uses PowerShell scripting to automate administrative tasks.
- Ensure application administration and maintenance is completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure configuration and maintenance of user access is completed accurately and timely.
- Perform complex patch testing, deployment and maintenance activities; ensures patch testing is completed accurately and timely
- Ensure disaster recovery testing for applications is completed accurately and timely; lead implementation of disaster recovery plan
- Ensure updates, status and completion information is communicated to stakeholders accurately and timely
- Troubleshoot complex and escalated application and/or customer issues created as a result of problem resolution in applications, databases or web specialty areas
- Ensure application integrity
- Ensure system activity is monitored and system parameter tuning for optimum performance are maintained
- Mentor and train Application Administrator I & II
- Research and recommend tools and procedures for increased Infrastructure performance
- Design primary application system to meet stakeholder requirements using accepted engineering standards
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to application procedures and services
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years administration experience with specific skills and knowledge of Office 365, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams and associated and/or dependent systems
- Advanced knowledge of the following: server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware, security, server virtualization platforms and disaster recovery tools. is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word and Excel is necessary
- Advanced knowledge of network components and function is required
- Retail (IT) experience preferred
- Proven ability to meet established service levels, availability, performance, data privacy, and security guidelines is necessary
- Ability to reason logically and creatively; to learn and utilize new technologies; to clearly communicate ideas and recommendations; and, to write clear, and concise reports.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential. Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Requires understanding and experience using the following Office 365 applications: Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Expertise in using PowerShell for automating administrative functions.
- Hands on Windows Server administration.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Certifications in relative technology is required
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.