At Tire Discounters, we pride ourselves on doing the right thing, delivering excellent car care, and outstanding customer service. That’s why we look for General Managers who are strong leaders that can guide a team to meet or exceed their goals and serve as a trusted business partner in their communities.
The General Manager is the neighborhood’s automotive go-to person. They run the operations of their retail store in selling tires, services and parts while ensuring the quality of their store operations are compliant to the company’s policies and procedures.
You’ll Run the Store:
You’ll need having outstanding customer service and leadership skills, a passion for winning and a genuine desire to coach and develop your team into tomorrow’s leaders. Strong people skills, sales, and retail experience are must!
What Our General Managers Do:
- Lead team to provide outstanding Customer Service to every customer
- Meet or exceed sales and profit goals
- Be a strong mentor and lead by example
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures
- Attract, hire, train, develop, evaluate and retain store employees
- Exercise strong, fair, and consistent leadership with all employees
- Delegate authority and subsequent ownership of functions as appropriate
- Build and maintain a team effort consistent with the goals of the company
- Assist and perform other duties of absent employees as necessary
- Protect company assets, cash, inventory, equipment, systems and documents
- Adhere to state, local and federal laws
- Maintain a drug-free workplace
- Perform inventory control
- Maintain store security
- Merchandising and display
We Offer FULL benefits Including:
- Five Day work week and weekly pay. No Sundays!
- Competitive salary including base + incentives
- Medical, Dental, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and 401k Program
- Employee discount program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid onsite, offsite and online training designed to encourage personal development
- Strong Advancement Opportunities-We want to see you grow and succeed!
General Manager Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or comparable experience
- Minimum 2 years of previous management experience
- Strong retail sales experience
- Strong telephone, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at one time
- Valid In state motor vehicle license
- Ability to work Saturdays
- Automotive experience and A.S.E. certifications 4 and 5 preferred but not required
- Authorized to work in USA