The Tire Technician is a positive, energetic, eager-to-learn team player that provides 100% customer satisfaction. This position is an entry-level position that provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to build a promising career in the tire and automotive service industry. All Tire Technician Trainees will receive one-on-one training with a Tire Technician Trainer to learn duties, processes and responsibilities of the Tire Technician position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All job duties will be developed and learned under supervision.
* Continuous thinking and sharing of ideas to improve Belle Tire
* Gather and document vehicle information including: VIN#, mileage, license plate #, and any visible damage
* Cover vehicle with protective materials before service
* Drive customer vehicles into shop
* Lift vehicle onto hoists safely
* Inspect vehicles for possible worn parts and tires
* Dismount and mount tires
* Clean hubs and wheels for corrosion
* Repair tires
* Balance tires
* Torque lugnuts to correct specifications
* Resetting Tire Pressure Sensors
* Load scrap truck
* Clean shop, showroom, restrooms, and waiting room
* Take out trash
* Follow Belle Tire safety policies
* Other duties as assigned by retail store manager or retail assistant manager
* 18 years of age
* Valid Driver's License
* Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers and management
* Ability to read and write English
* Represents one's self and Belle Tire in a professional manner
* Demonstrates a commitment of high quality service to internal and external customers
* High School Diploma/GED is a plus
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to frequently lift over 75 pounds
* Requires motion entailing bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, stretching and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrists.
* Automotive background is a plus.
Varying work hours, Mon-Sat, some overtime may be required. Workshop environment, with heavy physical requirements: long periods of standing on your feet, lifting up to 75 pounds to chest level, bending, twisting, grabbing, and reaching.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled