Virginia Tire & Auto’s General Service Managers are passionate about working on cars and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They enjoy leading a team of tire and lube techs, a team that makes up the heart and soul of our business. The tire and lube techs mount and balance tires, perform oil changes and other automotive services, thus interacting with dozens of vehicles each day. And our General Service Managers oversee that workflow, ensuring the work is done competently and in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become the expert on, and work alongside your tire and lube tech team, performing automotive services on customer vehicles, such as:
- Mount and balance tires
- Tire repairs
- Oil changes
- Install batteries
- Manage the tire and lube bays for optimal use and efficiency by prioritizing and delegating work, ensuring promise times are met and that your customers’ car care experience is stress-free
- Manage your team to keep pace with customers, balance multiple priorities and use good judgment to manage time and workflow
- Champion the Virginia Tire & Auto brand, values and people and ensure your team delivers a best in class customer experience
- Own the training and development of your team, including identifying training opportunities to assist with their continuous development (with the support of our learning department)
- Be the point person for communications to and from your team
- Become Tire Industry Association (TIA) 300 certified
- Oversee your team in maintaining a well-organized and clean shop atmosphere
- Proficient in performing tire and lube services
- Ability to lead and manage a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking retail environment with a smile and a positive attitude
- A professional personal appearance
- Ability to learn our internal software applications
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Virginia Tire & Auto has a strong commitment to our people, providing extensive training, a healthy culture, and opportunities for growth. We are seeking applicants interested in making a commitment to Virginia Tire & Auto and their career.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Mission matters here. At Virginia Tire & auto our mission is to take the stress out of car care. We do that by taking the stress out of our employees lives by fostering an employee-first culture where employees are appreciated and valued. And by being a values-based business with a conscious. We are looking for individuals to join our team who want to share our values: to be professional, genuine, attentive and forward-thinking.
WHAT WE’LL DO FOR YOU
We provide our employees:
- A great starting salary and room to grow
- Energy filled, busy shops
- Predictable schedules
- A clean, professional work environment with a team that wants to see you succeed
- Access to industry best tools and technologies
- A company culture designed to support your career growth
- Industry best paid vacation and holidays
- Affordable health insurance
- Gym Membership Reimbursements
- Life & Disability Insurance
WHO WE ARE
Virginia Tire & Auto is making car care as stress-free as possible. We are proud to be a Top Family Owned Business in the DC area, a Top Shop by Tire Review Magazine and a consistent Best of NOVA Auto Repair winner. Virginia Tire & Auto is committed to employee advancement and growth by offering career paths and stability to its 400+ employees.
Virginia Tire & Auto promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
Virginia Tire & Auto is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.